Friday 24 October 2008

Day twenty-two

October 21

Today I had another lecture. This one was about thermodynamics and was given by Dr. NJB Green. He was a very interesting person. He has some very strong and not so nice opinions about Americans. I was humored more than offended but I think I’m going to go chat with I’m sometime.

After the lecture I went to the library again to finish working on my problems for physical chemistry. I had a tutorial at two and about three hours to work. I’ve been working on them all week and was just hoping I could figure out a few more of the things that had been giving me trouble.

When I got to my tutorial I had the problems all started at least but I hadn’t finished three of them (there were eight). I was worried but I had no idea what to do for them. After going over all of them Dr. Jacobs said I actually did a very good job. He said he purposely assigns some very hard problems so we have things to talk about and I can learn more. He said I did a good job starting the problems and he pushed me in the right direction to finish them off. I’m going to try again so we can go over the problems again next week. 


No comments: