Monday 13 October 2008

Day Seven




October 6

Yesterday was quite dull. I worked on my homework all day long, as did Rebecca and Andrea. It was a really rainy and ugly day so I guess it was a good choice of days. The homework proved to be much more difficult than I expected. It’s a good thing I have a mostly free week to work on this. Around eight we left to go to someone’s flat in the Jerico area, not very far away. We watched Harry Potter 4 on TV and then just hung out for a while.

Today we had lectures on what the word thinks of Americans, sports, and medical advice. All of them were quite dull and I was glad it was a short morning for lectures and such. After lectures Rebecca, Andrea, Bill and I went to lunch. After lunch we came back to the flat to work on homework again. At 5:30 Andrea, Rebecca, Bill, Gareth (Bill’s roommate), and I left to go pub hopping.

 Andrea, Erin, and Rebecca   


Charlie, Emily, Chris Lisa, and Talia    


We began at the “Eagle and Child.” 

This is a famous pub where the inklings used to meet. The inklings were a literary group in the early 1900’s who would read their writings to each other and talk about their ideas. Members of the group at that time included JRR Tolkein and CS Lewis! It was a really cool place to be. 

After hat we went on to two other pubs for a while before calling it a night. I spent a lot of time talking with Gareth about English people and culture. It was very interesting.



No comments: