Monday 13 October 2008

Day Ten

October 9

Today I met with my tutor for the first time. It was very nerve racking. When I go there we began discussing the work I had done on the essay portion of the assignment (I turned it in to him yesterday). He had a ton of comments on what I had written and basically tore apart everything I had done. We discussed everything I did in much more detail than I did it in and he gave me some wonderful new prospectives on the subject I was writing on. We also discussed the problems I did, which I had a lot of trouble with. And he gave me some new directions to move in for next week. He told me to continue working on the problems after talking with him and he gave me new essay type questions to think about. At the end he said I had done very well as a first time student here at Oxford with my first work and to keep working hard.

            Tonight I’m going to type up what we talked about in my tutorial while it’s fresh. I got so much information from Dr. Jacobs I will be rewriting most everything. This weekend will be a lot of work for next week’s tutorial so it’s much better than what I’ve started with this week.


No comments: