Sunday 19 October 2008

Day Seventeen

October 16

So today I went to my first lecture. It was a lecture on Liquids and Solutions given by a man named Raol Dullens. It was very interesting. This was also my first time going to the science buildings. There is a whole cluster of buildings for the sciences with libraries and lecture halls and of course labs. I walked by the Organic Lab. It’s a brand new lab. It looks amazing.

After my lecture I went to meet with Dr. Jacobs again for my tutorial. This one was far better than the last. We went over the problems I did and I did pretty well on all of them. He helped me out with a few things but mostly I had it done right. Then we moved on to the paper I wrote for this week. He said it was much better than last time. He said I showed that I was thinking much more about the topics I was writing about and that he was impressed by my improvement from last week on the paper. We discussed some of the tings in it that he though was weak, a few bad definitions and incomplete definitions, and then he gave me problems to do for next week.

After that I met everyone who was going to see Sleeping Beauty in the OSAP office. There is a theater right across the street from the office and they had a ballet going, Sleeping Beauty. We bought Thursday matinee tickets. The ballet was pretty good. The costumes and scenery were amazing. The dancers seemed a bit off though. It was the first performance and they looked like they were nervous. There were a lot of fumbles and mistakes I don’t usually see in a professional ballet production.

After the ballet I went to dinner with Jamie Zoya, and Bill. I have fish and chips and it was awesome. I finally went home after dinner. It was a really long day. When I got home I made fresh guacamole. Yesterday Rebecca and I bought avocados, onions, garlic, and limes at the farmers market. The guacamole turned out pretty good.

Around eight Zoya, Maria, and Jullian came over to watch Pride and Prejudice. Since were going to the Chatsworth House on Saturday we thought it was appropriate. The Chatsworth house was the house used as Pemberly in that movie. It was a pretty good movie. I hadn’t seen it or read the book. I would love to read the book now.

In the back Jullian with the curly hair, Maria, Zoya on the couch and Rebecca in the foreground

No comments: