Friday 24 October 2008

Day twenty-one

October 20

Today I spent a lot of the day in the New College library reading about Shakespeare. I wanted to read some background information on the two plays I have been writing about (Romeo and Juliet and A Midsummer Night’s Dream) and see if I could come up with any more ideas. I read information on each of the plays individually and was able to come up with a lot more comparisons that I could add into my paper. It’s really interesting how just reading some comments about the plot of the plays can spark so many of ones own new thoughts and ideas.

I came home with the notes of my new ideas and worked on my paper some more. It went from six to ten pages in about an hour! I also felt that my arguments were stronger and much better supported. Hopefully Ed Clark agrees!

No comments: