Friday 24 October 2008

Day twenty-three


October 22

Day twenty-three

Today I had my first tutorial with Dr. Ed Clark on Shakespeare. I brought two copied of my paper and we sat in his office to go over it. He had me read the paper out loud to him and he would stop me so we could talk about some of the points. He actually didn’t stop me very much he mostly said “good” and “great point” and things like that. When I got to the end he said I had done a very good job. He said I clearly read the text closely and he liked my examination of the plots together.

After I finished reading we talked about other angles I could have compared the two from. I did a very in depth examination of the plots that he sad he liked. We also talked about the passage of time in the play. We also talked about symbols and motifs in both of them. I think I’m going to write a few more paragraphs on the things we talked about just for my own use because I found our discussion very interesting.

After my tutorial I came home and then all of us from Venneit Close walked over to the St. Giles house. Today was Jesse’s birthday and they were having a party. It was a really fun night! It was awesome to catch up with everyone from OSAP after the first couple weeks of classes. It was also a very nice break from working every day. 

Jesse and I :-)

No comments: