Monday 10 November 2008

Day thirty-two

October 31

So today was Halloween and it was pretty fun. In England as far as I can tell Halloween is more a time for college students to party than a time for children. Some of the people living in bigger neighborhoods said they had three or four kids come trick-or-treating but not many. This could be because I’m living in a college city but I’m not sure.

Around seven everyone in our flat began getting ready for Halloween. We were ultimately planning on going to the New College bop, which was themed “Your Worst Nightmare” so we were dressing accordingly. Andrea went as a cat, Rebecca wet covered in spider-webs and spiders, and I went as your bad conscious (dressed in all black with hot pink devil horns). Maria, Zoya, and Julian were joining us as well, Maria went as a pregnant woman, Julian went as a girl, and Zoya went with a knife to her throat with blood all over her neck.

First we headed to St. Giles for the OSAP party. We only stayed there for about an hour and then we headed to New College. When we got there we found out that the bop this time was for New College students only. Since Julian and Maria weren’t from New College we left. Outside we ran into Gareth and a few of his friends along with Bill and Sam (from OSAP). All of us headed to Wadam College where there was a party going on in the pub. We stayed there for a while and then Andrea and I decided to go back home. It was almost one in the morning. The two of us left with Sam and Bill. We were headed home while Sam and Bill were headed to a club.

I had a good time seeing everyone and hanging out in the pub of Wadam but overall the party hardy and drink until you puke scene isn’t for me. I was very relieved that Andrea was ready to go home as well. I guess a lot of people from OSAP ended up at the club that Sam and Bill went too. I assume it was fun for people who like drinking and dancing but again I’m glad I wasn’t there. 

No comments: